Architektonische Sehenswürdigkeiten

Search results 420

Loading

schicke E-Mail/maile

Bahnhof Und Busstation In Türi

Türi, Järvamaa

1898 hat man angefangen eine 150,6 km lange Bahnlinie gleichzeitig aus Tallinn und aus Viljandi zu bauen. Der erste Zug kam aus Viljandi nach Tallinn am 18. Juni 1900, aber amtlich wurde die Eisenbahnlinie am 21. August 1901 in Betrieb genommen. Im Jahre 1923 hat der Siedlungsrat der Bahnstation den Namen Türi statt...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

schicke E-Mail/maile

Banking House In Pärnu

Pärnu, Pärnumaa

A banking house in the style of Bank of Estonia department buildings, designed by A. Kotli and O. Soans, is an example of the representative traditionalism of the end of the 1930s. The building got its final finish after World War II and until 1967 it was used as a theatre. It currently accommodates two banks. The historical...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Bastions Of Narva

Narva, Ida-Virumaa

Despite the investments into Narva's defences, made during almost a half a century, the Swedish Kingdom had to admit in the mid-17th century that Narva's defences could not have been able to withstand the quickly developing offensive weaponry. And although leaders of the fortification service, created in 1635, prepared plans...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Beach Café's Building In Pärnu

Pärnu, Pärnumaa

This is an outstanding example of functionalism designed by architect O. Siinmaa and engineer H. Laul and completed in 1939. The building has large picture and circular windows, a mushroom-shaped balcony and terraces of reinforced concrete. It was redesigned into the Sunset Nightclub in the course of reconstruction initiated...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Beach Salon (kuursaal) And AndOpen-Air Stand

Pärnu, Pärnumaa

The Kuursaal building dating from 1880 has been repeatedly renovated – the last renovation took place in 2003. The functionalist cylindrical bandstand behind the building was erected according to the design by O. Siinmaa in 1937 and renovated in 1985. Next to the Kuursaal there is the monument of Raimond Valgre (R. Pärg).

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Building Of The Orthodox Church In Laiuse

Jõgevamaa

Laiuse Russian-Orthodox Wooden Church, built in 1864, is located at Jõgeva-Mustvee highway 1,5 km east of Mõra Village. The former Estonian well-known public figure Jaan Poska grew up in this church-village.

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

schicke E-Mail/maile

Carl Abraham Hunniuse Monument

Läänemaa

Auf der Promenade mache Halt am Denkmal des Kurortsgründers, Carl Abraham Hunnius (1797-1851). Der als Arzt tätige Hunnius war der erste, der entdeckte das die örtlichen Bewohner ihre Gesundheitsprobleme mit dem Seeschlamm lindern und begann danach wissenschaftlich die Eigenschaften des Schlamms zu untersuchen. Im Jahre 1825...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Casino Building, 11 Posti Street, Viljandi

Viljandi, Viljandimaa

In 1843 the german clubhouse "Casino" was buiilt in Viljandi to meet the needs of noblemen, officers and higher bureaucracy for a clubhouse. The house is the most outstanding example of classicistic wooden architecture in town.

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Chakra

Tallinn, Harjumaa

At Chakra the clay oven is the core of our cooking. We serve sumptuous Indian cuisine using only the finest ingredients. Set in a perfectly restored historic limestone merchant house, beautifully decorated with icons and antiques. Chakra has a delicious varied menu of authentic specialities for the adventurous and...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Church Of Our Lady Of Kazan

Tallinn, Harjumaa

Estonia was made part of the Russian tsardom as a result of the Northern War in the early 18th century. The suburbs of Tallinn grew fast, and the community incorporated a large number of Russian immigrants. This created the need for new Orthodox churches in the suburbs. The first to be completed was the Church of Our Lady of...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Church Of St. Simeon And The Prophetess Hanna

Tallinn, Harjumaa

St. Simeon is the second Orthodox church to have developed in the suburbs after the Northern War. It is located near the harbor and was built in 1752 - 1755 at the initiative of Russian seamen. Since the coastline was considerably closer to the city in those days, the church was practically on the edge of the water, and the...

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile

Courthouse In Pärnu

Pärnu, Pärnumaa

The exclusive neo-renaissance building was put up for the Pskov Junker and Ko Bank in 1834-1835. It has been a courthouse since 1928.

View details

schicke E-Mail/maile