Võrumaa schicke E-Mail/maile
Holy Spirit Orthodox Church In Luhamaa / VorstellungIn the olden days new congregations were opened mainly by the order of the church central government. Luhamaa apostolic-orthodox congregation was opened by the wish of the people. Metropolitan gave his blessing for the formation of the new congregation and local activists started eagerly to work.
Church in Luhamaa got its cornerstone on July 14 1929. There were lots of difficulties and obstacles to come over in the construction work - organize offertories to finance the construction of the church, several times also head of the state was asked for help and he never let people down.
At first it was planned to construct just a little house of prayer but with the help of good people, other congregations, societies, establishments and Estonian government donations and when construction materials accumulated more than people had hoped, it was decided to construct a proper church.
And as a result of great undertaking the church of Luhamaa finally emerged on the high hillock along the Riga-Pskov highway. After the Midsummer Day, on the 26th of June 1932 apostolic-orthodox Church of Holy Ghost in Luhamaa was solemnized by metropolitan Aleksander.
Write a review
palve noor mees, kes on kurnatud ja vajab palve ja tema abikaasa ja et kogu perekond peab usku Jeesusesse õnnistust, hoitud, juhatust ja Jumala väliintuloja nende heaks. ja et VESA elurõõm ja ripnema pöörduvad tagasi niipea kui võimalik. õnnistust teile ja aitäh palve. Parimate soovidega Sinikka (20.03.2011)