Narva, Ida-Virumaa schicke E-Mail/maile
The Dark Garden / VorstellungWhen Narva was finally removed from the list of fortifications in 1863, the town could initially do nothing with the bastions assigned to it. Only establishing of a park on Victoria Bastion by the river was started, and the park was later called the Dark Garden (Pimeaed) after the Dark Gate (Pimevarav) situated next to it. The Dark Gate was demolished after 1875. Establishing a park on a defence was actually not an original idea as the same was done by many towns and cities in Europe (Wurzburg, Vienna, Augsburg, Mainz, and also Tallinn and Tartu).
Write a review
Seien Sie der Erste, der Bewertung hinzufügt