Architectural sights

Search results 420

Loading

Haapsalu Old Town Hall

Kooli 2, Haapsalu, Läänemaa

The museum, founded in 1929, is located in the building of the town hall built in 1775. The Town Hall was opened as a museum in 1950. The new permanent exhibition introduces Haapsalu in the beginning of the 20th century through the eyes of a visitor to the resort. The exposition provides an overview of life in Haapsalu, its...

View details

Send e-mail

Viitna Kõrts (Viitna Tavern)

Viitna, Kadrina vald, Lääne-Virumaa

- An old roadside tavern, 74 km from Tallinn towards Narva. - Close to the seacoast and the manors: Palmse, Sagadi and Vihula. - Kadrina, a commune centre is 17 km from Viitna. - Rakvere, a centre of Lääne- Viru county 27 km. Viitna was known already in the Middle Ages. In the 19th century there were fourteen...

View details

score
4.3

Send e-mail

Church of Holy Spirit and apartment

Pühavaimu 2, Tallinn, Harjumaa

Built in the 14th Century, the Holy Spirit Church is one of the oldest and most impressive structures in Tallinn. Its spectacular, carved wood interior includes such treasures as a unique 15th century altar by the famous Bernt Notke, and one of the oldest pulpits in Estonia, dating from 1597. The painted clock on its façade...

View details

Send e-mail

Roosna-Alliku Manor

Kooli 1, Roosna-Alliku alevik, Järvamaa

Roosna-Alliku is located on the edge of Pandivere Highlands and Kõrvemaa where the Pärnu River starts from a lake. The mansion of the manor was designed by the former Estonian province architect Johann Schultz. He is also the author of Toompea Castle, which is why there are notable similarities between the two buildings. It...

View details

Send e-mail

Saaremaa Museum

Lossihoovi 1, Kuressaare, Saaremaa

Saaremaa Museum was established on 17th February 1865 when the Research Society of Saaremaa (Verein zur Kunde Oesels) was founded in Kuressaare. J. B. Holzmayer, a teacher of classical languages of Kuressaare Gymnasium, did a lot to start and develop the museum. The antiquities found during archaeological excavations...

View details

Send e-mail

Sagadi Manor Hotel

Sagadi küla, Vihula vald, Lääne-Virumaa

The Sagadi hotel is located due east from the bell tower that has become the symbol of the manorial estate, in the historic circular stables building. The hotel has 28 comfortable and cosy guest rooms. All rooms have a bathroom with shower, a telephone, wireless internet access (WiFi), satellite TV and hair dryer. Daily...

View details

score
5.0

Send e-mail

A. Gahni Trepp

Narva, Ida-Virumaa

View details

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Aa Manor

Ida-Virumaa

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Abja Manor

Viljandimaa

A classicist two storeyed Abja manor was owned by the Stackelbergs until the expropriation of large estates. There is a very beautiful park in a valley.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Abruka tuletorn

Saaremaa

The Abruka rear lighthouse is located on the east coast of the island. The initial structure, built in 1897, was 28m high and had the form of a trellised wooden candelabrum. The beacon was built higher somewhere around World War I, which made the 36m lighthouse presumably the tallest wooden building of its time in Estonia....

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Aidu Monument Of Liberty

Jõgevamaa

Aidu Monument to the War of Independence (1929, Restored in 1989)

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Ait Lossi Tn 11

Viljandi, Viljandimaa

View details

score
-

Send e-mail