Architectural sights

Search results 420

Loading

Send e-mail

Albu Manor

Järvamaa

One of the oldest order manors in Järva County and Estonia was first mentioned in 1282. The main building, barn, arched bridge, granary, distillery and park of the manor complex have survived until today. The décor of the manor is simple and laconic. The baroque stove with white and blue tiles and the classicist stoves with...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Angel's Bridge

Tartu, Tartumaa

The Angel’s Bridge, located on Toome hill, was built in the 19th century and spans Lossi Street. The writing on the bridge, “otium reficit vires“ (rest restores strength), invites one to use Toome hill as a place of rejuvenation. The bridge, designed by J.W. Krause, was built in 1814-1816 and replaced an earlier temporary...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Angerja Linnuse Varemed

Raplamaa

The vassal fortress in Angerja was originally constructed in the 14th and 15th centuries, but was rebuilt and modernised several times thereafter. Did you know…? *The Angerja fortress is one of the oldest stone structures in Rapla County *The vassal fortress is thought to have been destroyed during the Livonian War – only...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Angla Windmills

Saaremaa

The only remaining group of windmills on Saaremaa is located in Angla, at the 32 kilometer mark on the Upa-Leisi road. It is the only one remaining windmill hill on Saaremaa. In 1925, when the village of Angla consisted of 13 farms, there were nine windcatchers on the hill. At one time, these open to the winds hills of...

View details

Send e-mail

Anse küla sihi ülemine tuletorn

Saaremaa

The lighthouse is located on the island of Saaremaa, on Sõrve peninsula, to the North from Anseküla. The lighthouse of Anseküla is at distance of 3128 m from Est 931 Lõu lighthouse, the direction 103,1° that is on the coast of the Baltic Sea between Sõrve peninsula to the west along the coast of a bay of Lõu. Concrete...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Ants Laikmaa museum

Läänemaa

Ants Laikmaa (05.05.1866–19.11.1942) was one of the most colourful personalities of Estonian art, having gained prominence both as a portrait painter and a landscape artist. His favourite technique was pastel. In 1917 here, on the Tammiku Farm land in the village of Kadarpiku, Ants Laikmaa began the building of a new home....

View details

Send e-mail

Arched Bridge

Tartu, Tartumaa

Since 1959, at the place where the historical Stone Bridge spanned the banks of the Emajõgi River for more than one and a half centuries, stands the Arched Bridge for pedestrians. The ends of the reinforced concrete bridge are supported by the foundation of the old Stone Bridge.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Ascension Of Our Lord Orthodox Church Of Angerja

Raplamaa

The attractive church building, which had been deserted for about half the century, has been restored by the new congregation. Epp Haabsaar’s icons on the new iconostasis (2006) bear witness to the good quality of the modern Estonian icon painting.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Avispea Kirik

Lääne-Virumaa

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Send e-mail