Architectural sights

Search results 420

Loading

Building Of The Orthodox Church In Laiuse

Jõgevamaa

Laiuse Russian-Orthodox Wooden Church, built in 1864, is located at Jõgeva-Mustvee highway 1,5 km east of Mõra Village. The former Estonian well-known public figure Jaan Poska grew up in this church-village.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Cantervilla Castle

Valgamaa

This estate was separated from Valgjärve in 1749 and the Schreiterfelds were its first owners. It had a succession of several different owners and became the property of the Roths by 1845. The Muellers owned it from 1873 to 1919. Elmar von Mueller had its Art Nouveau style manor house built around 1908. It housed a nursing...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Carl Abraham Hunniuse Monument

Läänemaa

On the Promenade make a stop at the monument to Carl Abraham Hunniuse (1797-1851), who established the resort of Haapsalu. Dr, Hunnius was the first to notice that the local residents used the sea mud to find relief for their ailments and was inspired to start investigating the properties of the mud. At his initiative, the...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Casino Building, 11 Posti Street, Viljandi

Viljandi, Viljandimaa

In 1843 the german clubhouse "Casino" was buiilt in Viljandi to meet the needs of noblemen, officers and higher bureaucracy for a clubhouse. The house is the most outstanding example of classicistic wooden architecture in town.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Chakra

Tallinn, Harjumaa

At Chakra the clay oven is the core of our cooking. We serve sumptuous Indian cuisine using only the finest ingredients. Set in a perfectly restored historic limestone merchant house, beautifully decorated with icons and antiques. Chakra has a delicious varied menu of authentic specialities for the adventurous and...

View details

Send e-mail

Church Of Our Lady Of Kazan

Tallinn, Harjumaa

Estonia was made part of the Russian tsardom as a result of the Northern War in the early 18th century. The suburbs of Tallinn grew fast, and the community incorporated a large number of Russian immigrants. This created the need for new Orthodox churches in the suburbs. The first to be completed was the Church of Our Lady of...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Church Of St. Simeon And The Prophetess Hanna

Tallinn, Harjumaa

St. Simeon is the second Orthodox church to have developed in the suburbs after the Northern War. It is located near the harbor and was built in 1752 - 1755 at the initiative of Russian seamen. Since the coastline was considerably closer to the city in those days, the church was practically on the edge of the water, and the...

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Courthouse In Pärnu

Pärnu, Pärnumaa

The exclusive neo-renaissance building was put up for the Pskov Junker and Ko Bank in 1834-1835. It has been a courthouse since 1928.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Courthouse In Viljandi

Viljandi, Viljandimaa

The courthouse is a two-storied stone building originally built for the court and completed in 1895. This Neo-Renaissance building has permanently been in use as the residence of the regional court.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Send e-mail

Eduard Vilde Memorial Stone

Lääne-Virumaa

The writer Eduard Vilde (1865- 1933) was born in Pudivere. His birthplace is marked with a memorial stone.

View details

score
-

Send e-mail

Send e-mail