Pärnu, Pärnumaa Send e-mail
Memorial Stone To St. Nicholas' Church / DescriptionThe brick church that dated from the 13th century was on the eastern side of the medieval market place. The black cross now depicted on the coat of arms of Pärnu was preserved in the chapel on the northern side of the church and was a well-known object of pilgrimage. The church was repeatedly damaged in fires and wars; the building that caught fire in 1944 demolished in 1953. In 1989 a commemoration stone was erected under the remaining oak trees in the churchyard by those Pärnu citizens who left for Germany in 1939.
Write a review
Be the first to review this company