Tallinn, Harjumaa Send e-mail
Mustpeade Maja / DescriptionThe House of the Brotherhood of Black Heads is the only surviving Renaissance building in Tallinn. A residence probably existed at this location already in the 14th century. The Brotherhood of Black Heads bought the property in the first half of the 16th century, when then also built a new vault-less hall. A major reconstruction took place in 1597, when the façade was redesigned in the spirit of the Renaissance architecture from the Low Countries, with its rich ornamentation and carved decorations. One of Tallinn’s most eye-catching painted doors dates from the 1640s. The Two-nave, arched guildhall bought from the Olav Guild dates from the 15th century.
Write a review
Be the first to review this company