Lääne-Virumaa Sūtīt e-pastu
Porkuni Manor / AprakstsThe current buildings of Porkuni manor, which was originally constructed on the site of a fortress, date from the 19th century. The last lord of the manor, Rennenkampff, had a much grander building constructed on the estate between 1870 and 1874, which the locals came to call ‘Porkuni castle’. One corner of the building retains the helmeted hexagonal gate tower of the former fortress, which today houses the Porkuni slate museum. Structures made of slate in the manor complex include the main building, the carriage house, the stables, the granary, the vodka factory and a significant part of the garden wall. The manor today operates as a school and can only be viewed from the outside.
Write a review
Be the first to review this company