Tallinn, Harjumaa Sūtīt e-pastu
St. Nicholas' Orthodox Church / AprakstsThe marketplace of medieval Russian merchants was located in the Sulevimäe and Vene St. area of Tallinn from at least the 12th century. The center of the market was the church, which is still functioning today. In connection with the rebuilding of the city wall in 1442, a new Russian church was founded on Vene (Russian) Street.
The lovely neoclassical building it is currently in was designed by Luigi Rusca, an architect from St. Petersburg, and built in 1820-27. The church contains a treasured iconostasis, whose fame rivals the Zarudny iconostasis located in the Church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord. The Orthodox congregation who maintains the church belongs to the Moscow patriarchate.
Write a review
Be the first to review this company