"KUMU NÄITUSEID VAATAMAS!!!! (5.0)" Write a review
Tallinn, Harjumaa Skicka e-post
Tallinn, Harjumaa Skicka e-post
Eesti Kunstimuuseumi Peahoone - Kumu Kunstimuuseum / BeskrivningArt Museum of Estonia was founded on November 17th, 1919, but it was not until 1921 that it got its first permanent building – the Kadriorg Palace, built in the 18th century. In 1929 the palace was expropriated from the Art Museum in order to rebuild it as the residence of the President of Estonia. The Art Museum of Estonia was housed in several different temporary spaces, until it moved back to the palace in 1946. In September, 1991 the Kadriorg Palace was closed, because it had totally deteriorated by then. At the end of the year the Supreme Council of the Republic of Estonia decided to guarantee the construction of a new building for the Art Museum of Estonia in Kadriorg. Untill then the Knighthood House at Toompea Hill served as the temporary main building of the Art Museum of Estonia. The exhibition there was opened on April 1, 1993. Art Museum of Estonia premanently closed down the exhibitions in that building in October 2005.
At the end of the 1970s, in the 1980s the first branches of the Art Museum of Estonia were founded. Starting from the 1995 all the branches offer different educational programmes for children and young people. In 1996 the exhibition hall on the first floor of Rotermann Salt Storage was opened, this branch was closed in May 2005. In summer 2000 the restored Kadriorg Palace was opened, but not as the main building of the Art Museum of Estonia, but as a branch. Kadriorg Art Museum now exhibits the foreign art collection of the Art Museum of Estonia.
At present there are five active branches of the Art Museum of Estonia: Kadriorg Art Museum (Kadriorg Palace and Mikkel Museum), Niguliste Museum, Adamson-Eric Museum, and Kumu Art Museum (the new main building of the Art Museum of Estonia)
For the first time during its nearly 100-year-old history, the Art Museum of Estonia has a building that both meets the museum's requirements and is worthy of Estonian art in its collections. Kumu Art Museum is a multifunctional art museum that includes exhibition halls, an auditorium that offers diverse possibilities, and an education centre for children and art lovers of all ages.
Closed on public holidays and will be closed 3 hours earlier on February 23rd, June 22nd and on December 23rd!
“gateways. Art and Networked Culture”06.06.2011
On Saturday 11 June at 15.00 at the Kumu Auditorium, an afternoon of presentations and demonstrations by international artists and fashion experts introduces concepts of Networked Fashion. The talks and presentations explore how state-of-the-art...läs mer
At the Kumu Art Museum on Wednesday, 18 May, Norbert Lammert, President of the German Bundestag, Ene Ergma, Speaker of the Riigikogu, Klaus-Dieter Lehmann, President of the Goethe Institute, and Jaanus Mutli, a board member of European Capital of...läs mer
11. April at 18:00 ToFeature film / Tournée Rež/Director Mathieu Amalric, France 2010, 111’ This French comedy stars the director Amalric himself as a producer who brings an American Neo-Burlesque troupe to France, with the roles played by...läs mer
Write a review
KUMU NÄITUSEID VAATAMAS!!!! (08.03.2020)