Pärnu, Pärnumaa Skicka e-post
House At 21/23 Rüütli St. / BeskrivningIt was built in 1681 along with a storehouse for C. H. Mohr, a merchant, and redesigned according to the principles of classicism in the 19th century. This is the building where Swedish king Carl XII stayed for 10 days when he and his troops reached Pärnu in 1700 before departing to Narva. A horseshoe that was allegedly found nearby in 1700 has been fixed on the triangular frontispiece next to the flagpole of the building. In 1764, Empress Catherine II stayed in this house, the most spacious one by the new market. From the hands of the merchants the building went over to the disposal of the town post office and telegraph and now it is a municipal building.
Write a review
Be the first to review this company