Võrumaa Skicka e-post
Peetri River Landscape Reserve / BeskrivningThe main value of the conservation area is its geological variety.
* On Kalkahi, the 60-meter-long strip on the bank of the Peetri River is limestone denudations of the Plavinas stratum from the Upper Devonian period. As a natural denudation, the Devonian limestone in Estonia is only uncovered on the banks of the Peetri River.
* In Karisöödi Park, in the precipice the 10-meter-long white and yellowish white sandstone denudation of the Amata stratum can be seen.
* In the lower end of the Karisöödi denudation is situated the Spring Cave, from where, according to a legend, an underground tunnel to Koivalinna Citadel began.
* The Kolga sand stone denudations are located about 150 meters downstream from the Karisöödi Bridge as a precipice 8 meters high and 10 meters wide. The white clod-like sandstone of the Amata stratum is denuded.
* The Jürimäe sand stone denudations are located about 500 meters downstream from the Karisöödi Bridge as a precipice 8 meters high and 30 meters wide. The white sandstone of the Amata stratum is denuded.
*Sandstone and limestone walls, precipices, alluvial meadows and forests are the habitats of numerous protected plant species. There are 221 species of tracheophytes, of which orchids make up 16, spindle tree, mezereon, Phyteuma spicatum, 73 species of Bryophyta and 16 big lichen species. In Karisöödi Park an approximately 300-year-old oak grows, which is 23 meters tall and has a circumference of 4.4 meters.
*The Peetri River is the habitat of 15 fish species, including the grayling and river trout. Also spawning place for salmon and salmon trout.
*Karisöödi village is the center of the former Mõniste manor. It was the Mõniste Forest District that took care of the river valley that sports deep sandstone walls with unique natural beauty and the island and turned them into a holiday place. Karisöödi Park is the most favorite holiday place in the neighborhood.
Write a review
Be the first to review this company