Tallinn Music Week 2011: 24-26 March
At the third edition of Tallinn Music Week in 2011 we will present a lineup of 146 bands and artists, so it is a perfect time to visit early springtime Tallinn during a weekend full of fantastic music in the best venues for the most demanding tastes: from world music, jazz and contemporary classical to punk, electro, metal and anything in between.
Tallinn Music Week 2011 dates:
Thursday, 24th March: opening night / delegates’ arrival
Friday, Saturday, 25-26th March: seminar panels 10AM – 5PM / show-case festival 7PM – 02AM
Sunday, 27th March: delegates’ travel home
Tallinn Music Week comprises of:
1) Seminar panels and discussion groups with panelists featuring top professionals from Estonia and abroad and topics ranging from music business to cultural politics and technological innovation.
2) A showcase-programme of promising bands and musicians from Estonia and our neighbouring countries.
Tallinn Music Week’s goals are:
• Upgrading our region’s music business to a new level internally and export-wise
• Offering our international partners an opportunity to learn more about music business in Estonia and our region’s market by strengthening their contact base here
• Offering our region’s music entrepreneurs a chance to broaden their contact base abroad and helping them pursue their artists’ careers internationally
• Encouraging our region’s tourism through a music festival with an international profile