Tartu, Tartumaa Sūtīt e-pastu
Tartu Von Bocki Maja / AprakstsYou will certainly notice the Von Bock House (1780) at Ülikooli 16 in the centre of Tartu, which used to belong to Oberst MJ von Bock. The University of Tartu bought the building in 1839. The house was renovated and reopened in 2007. There is a mural that depicts the main building of the University of Tartu on the building’s wall that faces the Town Hall and an exhibition of Alar Madisson’s photos of current lecturers and legendary professors of the University of Tartu is up on the wall next to Jakobi Street.
- the Von Bock has been the home of the University of Tartu Clinic, a veterinary school and the library of the Learned Estonian Society in different times. The building currently belongs to the University of Tartu.
Write a review
Be the first to review this company